Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Saffron Indian, Curcuma ,
- Haldi (in Hindi and Punjabi),
- Haldar (in Gujarati),
- Lader (in Kashmiri),
- Manjal (in Malayalam, Tamil),
- Halad (in Marathi),
- Pasupu (in Telugu),
- Arashina (in Kannada),
Interesting Facts and information:
- Turmeric has been used in India as a medicinal Spicefor thousand of years.
- Recently, science has started to claim that Turmeric contains chemical compounds with medicinal properties. These compounds are known as Curcumin oils.
- The most important one is Curcumin. Curcumin, present in Turmeric, is the main ingredient in Turmeric, has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, and is a powerful Antioxidant.
- Turmeric is used as aromatic, uretic, anti-inflammatory, stomachic, anodyne for biliary calculus, stimulant, tonic, carminative, blood purifier, antiperiodic, alternative, Spice, coloring agent for creams, and a common household remedy for Cold, Cough, and viral flu.
- Turmeric is used externally as a cream or ointment to improve complexion.
- It is also used in menstrual pains.
- Curcumin has cholagogue and choleretic action and is used in liver diseases.
- Curcumin is a nontoxic authorized color, heat resistant, and Sensitive to Changes in pH.
- Curcuminoids have an antiphlogistic activity due to the inhibition of leukotriene-biosynthesis. Ar-Turmerone has antisnake venom activity and blocks the venom's hemorrhagic effect.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!