Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Ocimum Sanctum
- Holy-Basil ( in English),
Interesting Facts and information :
- The Tulsi leaves benefit people, but their flowers too.
- Tulsi can help you eliminate many health problems, including fever and kidney stones. Ayurvedic texts have also categorized the wonder Herbal as a stimulant, antipyretic and aromatic.
- The holy basil is both a religious symbol and an excellent medical remedy in the Hindu religion. Religiously, holy basil is worshipped in the mornings and evenings by Hindus throughout India, and medically speaking, it is used to treat everyday ailments in the ancient Ayurvedic healthcare system.
Therapeutic uses :
- Antipyretic (relieves fever),
- Antiemetic (prevents vomiting),
- Hypotensive (lowers blood pressure),
- Hypolipidemic (lowers cholesterol),
- Analgesic (relieves pain),
- Hepatoprotective (liver-protective),
- Expectorant (expels mucous),
- Diaphoretic (induces sweating).
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!