Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Brassica nigra,
- Hindi – Rai, Banarasi Rai , Kalee Sarson ,
- Gujarati – Rai,
- Kannada – Save,
- Kashmiri – Sarisa,
- Telugu – Avalu,
- Tamil – Kadugo,
- Malayalam – Kaduku.
- Punjabi – Rai, Banarasi Rai, Kalee Sarson,
Interesting Facts and information :
- Mustard is commonly paired with meats, vegetables, and cheeses, especially as a condiment for Sandwiches, hamburgers, corn dogs, and hot dogs.
- Mustard can be added to dishes as a primary Spice, as is popular in East Indian cuisine. It is also an ingredient in many dressings, glazes, Sauces, soups, and Marinades.
- The English word "mustard" derives from the Anglo-Norman Mustard e and Old French mostarda. The Romans were probably the first to experiment with the preparation of Seeds(called Sinapis) to make "burning must," mustum ardens—hence "must ard."
Therapeutic uses :
- Fixed oil is used as edible after refining, but its medicinal properties are due to allyl isothiocyanate, a local irritant, and emetic.
- If applied externally, it is rubefacient and vesicant. It is also used as a condiment and in the manufacture of soap.
- Refined Mustard oil is used in vegetable ghee.
- Mustard is often used at the table as a condiment on Cold and hot meats, and it is also used as an ingredient in mayonnaise, vinaigrette, Marinades, and barbecue Sauce.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!