Another name (vernacular name) :
- Singabara( in Sanskrit),
- Adrak( in Hindi.),
- Ada (in Bengali, Oriya),
- Adu (in Gujarati, Panjab),
- Ale ( in Marathi),
- Shunti (in Kannada),
- Allam (in Telugu).
Interesting Facts and information :
- Ginger is not only a delicious flavor to food — but it’s also full of Nutrients. People have used the root for healing and cooking for thousands of years. Ancient writings from Rome, China, Greece, and Arab countries describe Ginger’s use as a medicine. It was trendy in Asian medicine as a treatment for stomach issues, including Nausea and Diarrhea.
- Other traditional medical uses for Ginger are a natural way to soothe an upset stomach, and there’s research to back up its health benefits.
- Ginger is also used in tons of modern recipes.
Therapeutic and Medicinal Uses :
- Ginger is an antiemetic, positive inotropic, spasmolytic, aromatic stimulant, carminative, condiment, and flavoring agent.
- It is prescribed for dyspepsia, flatulent colic, vomiting spasms, as an adjunct to many tonic and stimulating remedies, for painful affections of the stomach, Cold, Cough, and asthma.
- Sore throat, hoarseness, and loss of voice are benefited by chewing a piece of Ginger.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!