Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Allium Sativum, Lehsan (in Hindi)
- Lasan (in Gujarati)
- Rashun (in Bengali)
- Ruhan (in Kashmiri)
- Ullipoondu (in Tamil)
- Vellulli (in Malayalam, Telugu)
- Bellulli (in Kannada)
Interesting Facts and information:
- Garlic (Allium Sativum) is a Herbrelated to onion, leeks, and chives, and it is commonly used for conditions related to the heart and blood system.
- Garlic produces a chemical called Allicin, which seems to make Garlic smell.
- People commonly use Garlic for high blood pressure, high levels of cholesterol or other fats in the blood, and the hardening of the Arteries.
- Garlic is carminative, aphrodisiac, expectorant, and stimulant, used in fevers, Coughs, febrifuge in intermittent fevers, respiratory diseases such as Chronic Bronchitis, bronchial asthma, whooping Cough, and tuberculosis.
- It is also used in atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- In Germany, Garlic is consumed as a complement in the diet of hyperlipidemic patients and for the prevention of the vascular Changes induced by aging.
- Garlic can cause gastrointestinal distress and alters breath and skin odor.
- Garlic or its constituents exhibit various biological activities, such as antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antitumor, and antidiabetic effects.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!