Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Variyali (in Gujarati),
- Saunf (in Hindi),
- Badishep (in Marathi),
- Sombu (in Tamil),
Interesting Facts and information :
- Fennel is an aromatic Seedshave with a sweet taste similar to anises.
- The Seeds contain 3 to 4 percent essential oil; the principal components are anethole and fenchone.
Therapeutic uses :
- Fennel is a stomachic, aromatic, diuretic, carminative, diaphoretic, digestive, pectoral, and flavoring agent.
- Anethole may have estrogen-like activity and inhibit spasms in smooth muscles.
- Fennel can increase bile production, be used in the treatment of infant colic, promote menstruation in women, increase lactation, and act as antipyretic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!