Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Suva (in Gujarati),
- Pahadi-saunf (in Panjabi),
- Savana (in Hindi)
Interesting Facts and information :
- Dill has a warm, slightly sharp flavor, somewhat reminiscent of caraway.
- The entire plant is aromatic; the leaves, trim stems, and immature flower umbels are used fresh or dried for flavoring soups, Salads, Sauces, fish, Sandwich fillings, and pickles.
- It is trendy in the cuisine of eastern Europe and Scandinavia.
- The whole Seeds and the Seed oil have carminative properties and have been used in treating flatulent colic.
Therapeutic uses :
- Dill DillWater is used in the flatulence of infants and as a vehicle for children’s medicine.
- Oil of Dillis is employed for perfuming soaps, and it is one of the ingredients of the preparations known as Woodward’s Gripe water.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!