Another name (other vernacular names) :
Interesting Facts and information :
- Cardamom is an Herb, and the Seeds are used to make medicine.
- According to Ayurvedic theory, Cardamom is known for having a powerful effect on the so-called “digestive fire.”
- Cardamom production began in ancient times and has been referred to in ancient Sanskrit texts as ela. It originated in India but is available worldwide and used in sweet and Savory recipes.
Therapeutic uses :
- Cardamom may be helpful for people with high blood pressure.
- The compounds in Cardamom may help fight cancer cells.
- Cardamom is rich in compounds that may fight inflammation. Antioxidants, abundant in Cardamom, protect cells from damage and stop inflammation from occurring.
- Cardamom has been used for thousands of years to help with digestion. It’s often mixed with other medicinal Spices to relieve discomfort, Nausea, and vomiting.
- Using Cardamom also has antibacterial effects outside the mouth and may treat infections.
- Cardamom may lower blood sugar.
- Cardamom extract may decrease elevated liver enzymes, triglyceride, and cholesterol levels. They may also prevent liver enlargement and weight, reducing the risk of fatty liver disease.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!