Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Kalimirch ( in Hindi, Punjabi),
- Golmarich (in Bengali),
- Mari (in Gujarati),
- Marutus (in Kashmir),
- Mire (in Marathi),
- Milagu (in Tamil),
- Miriyalu (in Telugu)
Interesting Facts and information :
- Black pepper (kalimirch) is one of the most used Spices worldwide. It is also known as the "king of Spices"; it forms a significant part of many cuisines worldwide, used in cooking and garnishing.
- Black pepper powder, which comes with a mildly spicy flavor, is made by grinding peppercorns obtained from the plant Piper Nigrum.
- Since ancient times, Black Pepper has been considered to have essential health benefits.
Therapeutic uses :
- People take Diarrhea (cholera), dizziness, colic, depression, Gas, headache, Sex drive, menstrual pain, stuffy nose, sinus infection, discolored skin (vitiligo), Weight Loss, and cancer.
- People inhale Black Pepper oil to prevent falls, to help quit smoking, and for trouble swallowing. In foods, Black Pepper, as well as its oil, is used as Spices.
- People apply Black Pepper to the skin for measles, nerve pain, itchy skin caused by mites (scabies), and to treat pain.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!