Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Hing (in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi),
- Hingu (in Kannada, Oriya),
- Yangu (in Kashmiri),
- Perungayam (in Malayalam, Tamil),
- Devil's dung (in English)
Interesting Facts and information :
- Asafoetida, also called Asafetida, also called Herbin Iran and India, where is used to flavor curries, meatballs, and pickles.
- Acrid, in taste, emits a robust onionlike odor because of its Organic Sulfur-containing compounds.
- It is commonly used in powdered form and increases umami flavors in Savory foods.
- It is also used in traditional medicine, often as a digestive aid or for menstrual problems.
Therapeutic uses :
- Antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial effects,
- Potential anticancer effects,
- safeguard against memory loss and nerve damage,
- asafoetida has a relaxing effect on airway smooth muscles, which is Vital for the treatment of asthma.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!