Another name (other vernacular names) :
- Kuarpathu (in Gujarati),
- Greetkumari (in Hindi),
- Khorpad (in Marathi),
- Burn Plant,
- Kathalai (in Tamil),
- Chalkonore (in assamese),
Interesting Facts and information :
- Aloe vera has been widely grown as an ornamental plant. The species is popular with modern gardeners as a topical medicinal plant for its attractive forms, flowers, and succulence (fleshiness). This succulence enables the species to survive in fewer rainfall areas, making it ideal for rockeries and other low-water-use gardens.
- The species is intolerant of heavy frost and snow.
- The species is relatively resistant to most insect pests, though spider mites, mealy bugs, scale insects, and aphid species may cause a decline in plant health.
Therapeutic use :
- The drug Aloes is one of the safest and most stimulating purgatives and, in higher doses, may act as an abortifacient.
- The plant is an emmenagogue, stomachic, emollient, stimulant, tonic, and vulnerary.
- Its action is explicitly exerted on the large intestine and is helpful as a vermifuge.
- The clear gel of the leaf makes an excellent treatment for wounds, burns, and other Skin Disorders, placing a protective coat over the affected area, speeding up the healing rate and reducing the risk of infection. The leaves can be cut in half along their length to obtain this gel, and the inner pulp rubbed over the affected skin area. This has an immediate soothing effect on all sorts of burns and other Skin Problems.
- Extracts of the plant have antibacterial activity.
You can find more Spices & Herbs related articles. Click here
At remedyathome.com, you can find more related exciting articles.
Thank you for visiting us!